- Biological Inventions
- Brand Valuation
- Competition Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Law
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Digital Right Management
- Educational Conferences/ Seminar
- Fashion Law
- Hi Tech Patent Commercialisation
- Hi Tech Patent Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Protection
- IP Commercialization
- IP Licensing
- IP Litigation
- IP Practice in India
- IPAB Decisions
- Legal Issues
- Media & Entertainment Law
- News & Updates
- Patent Commercialisation
- Patent Filing
- patent infringement
- Patent Licensing
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Marketing
- Patent Opposition
- Patent Rule Amendment
- Pharma- biotech- Patent Commercialisation
- Pharma/Biotech Patent Litigations
- Section 3(D)
- Telecom Law
- Trademark Litigation
WIPO’s Technology and Innovative Support Centers (TISCs) have been established in India by the mutual agreement between Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Government of India and WIPO to help the Indian innovators and entrepreneurs to create, protect, and manage their Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
The WIPO Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) programprovides innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, to create, protect, and manage their Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
Their services include:
- Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- Training in database search;
- On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- Monitoring technology and competitors;
- Basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
In order to promote and protect innovations and to utilize the services of WIPO’s TISCs in India,The Government of India has extended the benefits of Start up Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP)scheme to all the applicants of TISCs (India) services.
The Start-up Intellectual Property Protection scheme aims to promote awareness and adoption of Intellectual Property Rights among the Start Ups. This scheme is inclined to nurture and mentor innovative and emerging technologies among the Start Ups and assist them in protecting and commercializing it by providing them access to high quality IP services and resources. This scheme is functioned with the help of “Facilitators” who are appointed by the Controller General of Patent, Trademark and Design (CGPDTM). These facilitators are either Patent Agent or Trademark Agent registered with the CGPDTM.
Accordingly, through this notice, it is conveyed that the SIPP facilitators, who have helped the Indian innovators/creators to file their patent/trademark/design applications through TISCs established in India, and subsequently those innovators/creators have benefitted from the SIPP scheme, then those facilitators shall be eligible to claim payment from theOffice of Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks upon submitting the certificate as prescribed by the respective TISCs whose services have been utilized by them.
Procedure to go to TISC directory:
- Go to the official Link: https://www.wipo.int/tisc/en/
- Go to “FIND A TISC”
- Select “INDIA” as a country and search
- The TISC search result shall be available showing the different centers’ of TISC in India.