Indirect Taxation is an essential aspect and a major requirement for doing business in India and its importance cannot be undermined or ignored. We, at Khurana & Khurana, have experience in delivering advice on Indirect Taxation specifically on the erstwhile legislations pertaining to Customs Duty, Excise Duty, Entry Tax, Service Tax, Octroi Duty, SEZ(Special Economic Zones) etc. We deliver our experience in matters of taxation laws to ease our client’s business’s transactions. Khurana & Khurana’s Tax Attorneys and Consultants have a vast experience in diverse range of taxation matters, from complex cross-border transactions, tax exemption qualification, setting of businesses in SEZ’s.
Our Attorneys regularly appear before Jurisdictional Tax Authorities, Appellate Authorities, High Courts, the Supreme Court of India and other Tribunals including Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Excise and Customs etc.
Khurana and Khurana provides Indirect Taxation Advisory services in the following areas:
- MNC’s on Double Taxation Avoidance Treaties (DTAA), Tax holidays available to 100% Export Oriented Units, Special Economic Zones (SEZ), and Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ).
- Advising the Clients in matters linking to taxation point of commercial transactions, sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and reconstruction.
- Advising on Offshore Tax Issues, Customs Procedures, Import and Export duties, Classification, Warehousing, Duty Entitlements etc.
- Assisting clients in a wide range of issues relating to GST Tax compliance on various transaction including cross-border transactions.
- Assisting clients with drafting, reviewing, advising in various taxation documentation relating to joint ventures, mergers, asset purchase agreements, shareholders agreements and documents relating to financing and employment.
- Advising foreign companies seeking to import their products in India to determine customs, countervailing and other duties applicable on their products as per to classes.
- Advising on Transfer Pricing, Transfer pricing is now one of the most complex international tax issue affecting the multinational enterprises working in India. The regulations are mostly based on the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Guidelines and define the various transfer pricing methods, extensive annual transfer pricing documentation requirements, and also contain penal provisions for noncompliance.
- Advising clients on Advance Tax Rulings in various complex involving NRIs Transaction. The scheme for advance rulings under Income Tax Act is intended to enable non-residents investments in India, to be clear of their income tax liability and avoid any tax disputes with the Income Tax authorities in the future. Thus, advance ruling can be applied by the non-residents to find out the income tax prospectus of a future or a current transaction. Advance ruling can also be used by an Indian resident planning to enter into a business or a transaction with a non-resident to determine the tax liability.
- Litigations with regard to GST, Central Excise, Customs Law and Service Tax. Our Consultants and Attorneys have vast expertise in handling litigation pertaining to these erstwhile legislations as well GST laws. We have represented clients at various appellate forums including the Commissioner of Appeals, Customs Excise & Service Tax Appellant Tribunal, etc.
- Drafting of replies, appeals, petitions and various other statutory applications under GST and erstwhile acts.
- Compliances by undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities and compliance gaps.